Helpful Organisations to Support Mental Health
I am in a crisis and need support:
- 24/7 Local NHS Mental Health Helpline (freephone): 0800 183 0558
- 24/7 open access to local mental health services: 01924 316830
- The Samaritans offer emotional support 24 hours a day – in full confidence:
Call: 116 123 – it’s FREE Or email email@example.com
- SANEline is an out-of-hours telephone helpline service offering practical information, crisis care and emotional support to anybody affected by mental health problems. Available between 4.30pm – 10.30pm each evening, every day of the year: 0300 304 7000
More sources of help:
Safespace (for residents in Calderdale):
Offers emotional support for people in distress during evenings and weekends from 6.30 – 10.30pm. The last call taken will be at 10pm. (For residents in Calderdale only)
Call 01422 345154 Text 07388 990227
Message us on Facebook @safespaceCalderdale
Well-Bean Café (for residents in Kirklees):
This is a Crisis Café that supports anyone in a crisis – it provides a safe place, a social space and 1-to-1 support for people in crisis.
The Well-Bean Café offers a 7-day service to anyone in crisis living in the Kirklees area. The café is currently located in Huddersfield town centre. The Dewsbury café building is no longer available but support for travel to and from the Huddersfield café may be available, please discuss this when making contact.
Anyone wishing to attend can self-refer or ask a professional health or social care worker to refer them.
Call 07741 900395 Friday-Monday, from 6pm 7 nights per week.
The Well-Bean Café has been set up by Touchstone and the Basement Recovery Project, a Huddersfield social enterprise. It is funded by NHS Greater Huddersfield Clinical Commissioning Group and NHS North Kirklees Clinical Commissioning Group.
Help for children and young people:
- Night OWLS is a FREE confidential support line for children and young people in crisis in West Yorkshire, providing help for them, their parents and carers. Open 8pm – 8am every day.
Call: 0800 1488 244, or text 07984 392700 or chat on www.wynightowls.org.uk.
- Calderdale NHS mental health service for children and young people (CAMHS): 01422 300001
- Kirklees NHS mental health service for children and young people (CAMHS): 0300 304 5555
Other help and support:
Talking therapies (was previously IAPT):
IAPT can help by gaining a new understanding of your difficulties and develop new ways of coping. It can also help you to make changes in your life and address current problems.
Some therapy is offered over the phone, which can include weekends or evenings.
Calderdale includes support for anxiety, depression
Kirklees – includes support for anxiety, depression and managing long-term health conditions
Wellness service for Kirklees:
We support adults 18 years+ on a one to one basis to develop personally tailored health and wellbeing goals. All of our services are free of charge.
Call the FREE helpline: 0808 1963833 (8am-8pm, 7 days a week)
Chat online: griefandlosswyh.co.uk (for residents of West Yorkshire and Harrogate)
Bereaved by suicide:
0113 3055800 firstname.lastname@example.org (for residents of West Yorkshire and Harrogate)
Suicide prevention resources for West Yorkshire: suicidepreventionwestyorkshire.co.uk