My health and me
This informal dyslexia awareness session, offered in partnership with Managing Dyslexia & Wakefield Recovery College, aims to provide learners with a better understanding of what dyslexia means, help them to recognise the signs and offer support. Leaners will:
- Develop an understanding of dyslexia and its impact
- Engage in a practical activity to demonstrate the difficulties faced by those living with dyslexia
- Recognise the signs of dyslexia
- Learn reasonable adjustments and coping strategies
- Experience a Q&A with people living with dyslexia
If you have already enrolled previously with the College, please express your interest for this course by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are new to the College please enrol here.
Start dates and time
|Term||Thursday||23 February 2023||10.30am - 12.30pm||1 weeks|
How do I enrol?
You are not referred to the Recovery College, you can simply enrol yourself, or on behalf of someone for any of our courses that may be of interest to you. Our courses are open to all adults and we welcome carers, supporters and professionals too.
Access all our resources for the College here.
This one-off workshop looks at the life and experiences of someone living with a diagnosis on the autistic spectrum and the fascinating insight of others looking outside in. Throughout the...View course Autism Awareness